A COLLEGE student died under mysterious circumstances after a tryst with her boyfriend in a government guest house at the Inter-State Bus Terminus in Sector 43 on Wednesday.
While the police have arrested the boyfriend on charges of culpable homicide not amounting to murder, the girl’s family has alleged rape. The police are awaiting the post-mortem report.
Police said the accused worked as a driver for the girl’s father, who ran a small taxi business. “He was in a relationship with the girl for the last two years. He told us that he was supposed to marry her after she graduated,” said a police officer.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
On Wednesday morning, the girl left her residence after telling her parents that she was going to meet a friend. “At 8.15 am, she reached ISBT-43 by bus and met the boy,” said the officer, adding that the accused hired a room at the guest house, The Lodge, at 8.20 am and gave his voter card as proof of identity.
He told the police that they had consensual sex, after which the girl had a fit. He immediately called a taxi and took her to GMCH-16 where the doctors declared her dead on arrival.
However, the manager of The Lodge, Satish Thakur, said the girl was fine when the couple left around 11.30 am. The girl’s hospital card says that she was admitted in GMSH-16 emergency at 12.20 pm.
A team from the Central Forensic Sciences Laboratory, which inspected the room at the guest house, collected used condoms and water bottles. The police initially picked up the taxi driver, in whose vehicle the girl was taken to the hospital. He was let off after questioning.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (South) Surjit Singh Malik said they would go through the call records of the accused and the girl to ascertain if his claims are true.