UT Administration conducted the selection trials to select the players for the Sport Wing earlier this week. Seven girl students of St Soldiers School,Sector 28 have been selected for the athletics wing while two girl students have made it to football wing. Eight boy students of the school were chosen for the football wing.
The selected players are as follows : Girls : Athletics : Komal,Ashima,Harmanpreet,Sanskriti,Shivani,Nikita,Vandana; Boys : Anuj,Sumit,Mandeep; Football : Girls : Urgain,Shikha; Boys : Sumit,Rahul,Sandeep,Gurpreet,Gurinderjeet,Shubhkarman,Ashu and Akshay Shekhar.
Forwards hand Saupins third place finish
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
A fine display by their forwards guided Saupins School,Sector 32 to an easy 3-0 win and to claim the third place in the UT Inter-School Football Tournament U-17 (Girls) played at Government Model Senior Secondary School,Sector 22. For the winning team,Venu scored the opening goal in the fifth minute of the match before Arshdeep scored the second goal two minutes later. Martanya scored the third goal for the winning team in the 33rd minute of the match.
Yugams knock in vain as GAC win
An unbeaten knock of 70 runs by Yugam went into vain as Coaching Centre,Sector 32 lost by four wickets to Gurukul Academy of Cricket in a match of the Fourth U-14 Vivek Trophy Cricket Tournament played at Vivek high School,Sector 38 on Wednesday.
Batting first,Coaching Centre,Sector 32 posted a total of 126 for 1 in the allotted 20 overs. Yugam remained unbeaten on 70 runs while Sourav played a knock of 37 runs. In reply,Gurukul Academy of Cricket reached the target for the loss of six wickets in 18.1 overs. Ajay Verma played a knock of 35 runs while Alankrit contributed 32 runs. For the losing team,Robin claimed two wickets for 18 runs.
Brief scores : Coaching Centre-32 : 126 for 1 in 20 overs (Yugam 70 no,Sourav 37); Gurukul Academy of Cricket ; 127 for 6 in 18.1 overs (Ajay Verma 35,Alankrit 32,Robin 2 for 18).
Hockey Cship from August 18
The Rock Rovers Hockey Club will organise the 12th edition of the ONGC SN Vohra Sub-Junior (U-14) Hockey Tournament from August 18 to August 25. The eight-day long tournament will be played on league-cum-knockout basis. The tournament will be a prize money tournament and prizes for the best goalkeeper,fullback,halfback,forward and most well behaved team will also be given.