The Chandigarh State Agricultural Marketing Board in association with Kheti Virasat Mission organised a seminar on organic farming to observe World Food Day at NITTTR Auditorium in Sector26, Chandigarh, Monday.
UT administrator VP Singh Badnore was the chief guest and local Member of Parliament (MP) Kirron Kher was the guest of honor at the event.
The seminar evoked positive response as it was attended by experts, farmers, counselors and teachers. The objective of the seminar was to promote eco-friendly concept of cultivation, reducing the dependency on chemicals and fertilizers for the benefit of farmers.
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
The farmers were guided and motivated to use farmyard manure/vermi compost and organic fertilizers/organic inputs etc for production of organic agriculture produce with the scientific way.
Kirron Kher was overwhelmed to see the turnout at the event, and therefore, she lauded the initiative of the state Agricultural Marketing Board and Kheti Virasat Mission. Expressing her happiness on Chandigarh being awarded the title of the first solar city, she stressed on now making it an organic city.
She further requested the Badnore to extend his support in creating an organic market or mandi in Chandigarh.
The UT adminsator said, “I strongly believe that Chandigarh can become smart in true sense by becoming an organic city.”
He also appreciated the State Marketing Board and Kheti Virasat Mission for bringing this subject to the public platform, and ensured the Kher his support in creating an organic market or mandi in Chandigarh.