THREE PERSONS who came to Forever Diamonds store in Sector 17 posing as robbers have been arrested by the police. The accused are said to be local residents who fled the city after the incident. The woman who accompanied the two youths is said to be a salesgirl who was working with Vinod and Rajneesh Verma for some time.
According to police sources, one person has been identified as Vaibhav Verma, a resident of PGI society, Sector 49; Ankur Jolly (22), a resident of Zirakpur; and Shivani (36), a resident of Maloya.
- Sex CD row: CBI takes over journalist Vinod Verma case, defence points to gaps in Raipur police theory
- Chandigarh: Gangster, wanted for murder & other crimes, arrested
- Congress demands release of Chhattisgarh scribe, seeks resignation of minister over 'sex CD'
- Chhattisgarh police arrest journalist Vinod Verma, he says framed, has ‘sex CD’ of minister
- Ex-BBC journalist Vinod Verma arrested by Chhattisgarh Police over allegations of extortion
- Panchkula Police arrest 56-year-old, claim to crack 10 robberies
“The trio have been arrested on the disclosure of Vinod, who is in police custody. Raids are on to nab Rajneesh Verma who is on the run. We hope that in a day or two, we will arrest all the culprits,” said a police official who is part of the investigation.
A senior police officer said that Vaibhav was a close relative of both Vinod and Rajneesh Verma and they contacted him for assisting them in their plot. Vaibhav and the other two left the city and their phone locations were traced to Nasik and Delhi.
SSP Sukhchain Singh Gill said that the accused left the city and went to Nasik. Later, their location was traced to Delhi.
The officer added that a case under sections 420 (cheating), 467 (forgery), 471(using false records), 201(destruction of evidence) and 120B (criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code was registered against them at Sector 17 police station.