Concerned that there could be parking chaos in the markets this festive season, the traders are planning to arrange valet parking or e-rickshaws for shoppers. They have even decided to discuss the matter with the UT Administration so that those who park their vehicles at nearby schools will not have to walk a lot. Last year, not even a single visitor parked their vehicle in the nearby government schools as was directed by the administration leading to traffic chaos on the roads. So this time round the traders have come up with this solution to facilitate the people.
“ We have thought of having e-rickshaws and valet parking this time. In the system of valet parking, people can come to the destination and the guards or volunteers can take their vehicle to the nearest school earmarked by the administration. Or in another case, people can park at the school and e-rickshaws deployed there can drop them in front of the desired shop,” said Anil Vohra, president of the Chandigarh Beopar Mandal.
The Mayor and Commissioner has already made it clear to the traders that stalls would not be allowed in the parking at any cost. Since the traders extend their stalls to the parking lots, commuters face a lot of inconvenience and they force to park on the main roads leading to chaos. Vohra said that they would be discussing it with the administration. “ We are fixing up a meeting with the officials of the administration so that atleast e-rickshaws may be made available by them for the visitors. Because otherwise people find it difficult to park in the schools which are quite far off,” added Vohra.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage