THE COURT of Additional district and sessions judge JS Sidhu Wednesday convicted three persons on charges of possessing contraband. The quantum of sentence will be announced on October 6.
The court acquitted the remaining accused in the case – Punam Chand, Chandro Devi, Asha Devi and Budh Ram — as the prosecution was unable to establish the case.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The three convicts have been identified as Suresh Kumar, Guddu and Ram Kumar.
The case dates back to March, 2010. The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) had intercepted the accused and they were found in possession of 3.7 kg charas, which was being transported in a Maruti car.
According to the prosecution, the NCB on the same day recovered 3.5 kg of charas which was to be handed over to Ramesh Kumar and Budh