Assuring the allottees, the Chandigarh Housing Board has clarified that the Sector 51 Self Financing Housing Scheme will not be delayed and will be completed within the stipulated time frame. At present, the board does not have possession of the entire land earmarked for the project that would be constructed on 4.48 acres of land. Of the total land, around 1 acre is in possession of two saw mill and furniture shops, which have been running their business from the same premises since 1988. The owners of both the mills have moved the court against the Chandigarh administration for their rehabilitation.
According to the brochure, the deadline for completion of the project is three years. However, the board will make efforts to complete the construction of the flats within 24 months – by March 31, 2018.
Assuring that the project will be completed within the deadline, CHB chairman Maninder Singh said: “We will get the encroachment removed. It’s just matter of time. The project is going according to the schedule and the construction will start by the end of this year.”
The board had initially decided to construct only 128 flats. However, in May, the board decided to increase the number of flats to 200.
The allotment has been made on self finance basis, under which an allottee shall be required to make 100 per cent payment of the chargeable price within 90 days from the date of issue of acceptance and demand letter (ACDL) as per the terms and conditions.
All the successful applicants of Scheme A and Scheme B – a total of 200 flats – are required to make 100 per cent payment by October 22.
Citing high price, many allottees are struggling to raise funds for making full payment to the board. The allottees have been urging the board to extend the last date for making the full payment, to which the board has not agreed.
“There will be no extension in the last date for making the full payment,” said the chairman. So far, around 25 applicants have surrendered their flats. According to the laid down condition, the board will refund the earnest money to the applicants who have surrendered their flats after deducting 10 per cent from the amount.
Out of the 200 flats, the board has fixed a tentative price of Rs 69 lakh each for 150 flats under different categories, excluding other charges, making it the most expensive scheme to date.
As many as 136 flats have been allocated to the successful applicants through draw of lots, while 50 flats were auctioned under Scheme B with the highest bid of Rs 77.5 lakh against the reserve price of Rs 69 lakh.
As many as 14 flats, seven each under discretionary quota and oustees, have been kept reserved.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now