DEDICATING THIS Dussehra to India’s surgical strikes against terrorist launch pads in Pakistan after the Uri attack, the Sanatan Dharam Dussehra Committee is all set to burn a 85-foot-tall Ravana effigy — the tallest in the Tricity — at the Sector 46 ground on Tuesday. “In the beginning, we will be paying homage to all our jawans who died in Uri attack. Dussehra is the victory of good over evil. So this time our theme is India’s victory of carrying out surgical strikes after the Uri attack,” said Jatender Bhatia, chief patron of Sanatan Dharam Dussehra Committee.
The committee has arranged four drones to shower flowers on the guests from above. Not just this, the committee has also tied up with TV channels and arranged TV sets at few markets where people can see the burning of the effigies. “All the three effigies (the other two being Kumbhkaran and Meghnad) have been prepared by artist Jameel Ahmed from Saharanpur. For elderly people who cannot come to the venue, we have arranged telecast of the event through certain channels,” added Bhatia.
Rs 1.75 lakh has been spent on preparing the three effigies. UT Administrator V P Singh Badnore will be presiding over the Dussehra celebrations as the chief guest here. This time Dussehra will be celebrated at 37 locations across the city. The major ones will be in sectors 17, 32, 40, 27, 29, Manimajra and Dhanas. In Sector 27, the effigies will be burnt through remote controls. Here, each of the effigies of Ravana, Meghnad and Kumbhkaran will be 65-foot-tall.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai