The UT police have identified the accused who had fled from a Sector 22 jewellery shop with a gold chain without making any payment.
A police personnel from Sector 17 police station, said that investigation in the case was on. “The accused has been captured in the CCTV footage. A manhunt has been launched to arrest the accused ,” he said.
According to the police, a case under Section 420 of the Indian Penal Code has been registered in Police Station-17, on the complaint of one Vimal Kumar Gupta, a resident of Sector 22-B. Police said that he reported the matter to them Monday.
- Mumbai: Man held for ‘robbing’ senior citizen of gold chain worth Rs 50,000
- Kasganj communal violence: SIT files chargesheets over murder, violence
- Hit and run: Denied bail by SC, accused surrenders in Chandigarh district court
- Central Delhi rocked by two robberies and a shooting
- ‘So scared… I’ve stopped going for walk, not wearing any gold ornaments’
- Employee steals jewellery worth Rs 18 lakh from shop, hunt on
The incident occurred when Gupta was sitting at his family shop Shankar Jewellers in Sector-22- D, when one unknown person came to the shop and asked for a gold chain. “He introduced himself as an officer of PNB Bank, Sector 22, . He selected a gold chain weighing 25.570 gm and the rate was fixed Rs. 77,000,” said the complainant. “He then asked him to send a salesman of his shop along with him to collect the money. “ When Gupta sent a salesman with him to the PNB bank, he asked him sit on a bench. Within a few minutes he simply slipped away from there without paying any money,” informed the police.