Barely six days after marriage, Gurdeep Singh, who was recently arrested by the CBI on graft charges, surrendered before the CBI Special Court of Shashi Bala Chauhan on Monday.
The accused had sought bail soon after the arrest on grounds that he was to get married on October 11. The court then granted him interim bail on the bond of Rs 50,000 with two sureties. He is currently lodged in Model Jail, Burail. The family of the accused had come to the court complex. The accused is likely to apply for bail soon, said his counsel.
Gurdeep was posted as accountant in the office of Accountant General, Punjab and UT, Sector 17, and was allegedly caught red-handed with a bribe of Rs 1,500 by the CBI on October 7. When he had sought bail earlier, the judge had confirmed from the police whether his marriage was scheduled for October 11.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing