MP Kirron Kher inaugurated a sports stadium, constructed at Rs 235.01 lakh over an area of 2.39 acre, at Dadumajra village on Friday.
The new stadium has a 200-m long athletic track, 1,650 sitting steps, volleyball, kabaddi, wrestling and football grounds. It also has a multipurpose hall for indoor games. In addition, there is a multi gymnasium, kitchen, pantry, office room and a library.
Sources said an open air badminton court will also be provided inside the stadium soon.
- BJP’s next challenge in Chandigarh now: Cross-voting
- Chandigarh Mayor post: It’s Kirron Kher vs Sanjay Tandon now
- Chandigarh gangrape: Spoke as woman, mother, representative, Kirron Kher says as Twitterati fume
- Chandigarh gangrape: Congress slams Kirron Kher for not taking matter seriously, BJP MP says don't politicise issue
- Chandigarh gangrape: Victim should not have boarded autorickshaw when three men were already inside, says MP Kirron Kher
- Chandigarh: Kirron Kher lays foundation of civil dispensary in rehabilitation colony
Kher appreciated the work completed by the engineering wing of the municipal corporation by providing such kinds of facilities in the city villages.
“The changing market scenario has offered new sports opportunities to the urban and rural population. The rural youth will have more opportunities now. Sports and games will also only contribute to their improved socio-educational development and their job prospects,” she said.
Mayor Arun Sood said this is the biggest open air sports stadium in a village with facilities of different games and sitting arrangements for viewers.