Mayor Arun Sood will travel to Australia on Tuesday to attend a conference, “3Rs- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle”, being organised by the United Nations Centre for Regional Development.
The conference would be held at Adelaide in South Australia from November 2 to November 4. Sood, however, would stay till November 7 to meet his sister who stays there.
Representatives from various cities will attend the conference.
Meanwhile, BJP members have expressed resentment with the party’s mayor going to attend the conference at that time when the elections are around.
A BJP councillor said: “The elections are here. The code of conduct would be in force from November 15. This is not the time to go anywhere. After all he is the mayor.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Sources said after Sood comes back, the BJP will carry out inaugurations from November 8 till November 14, since the code of conduct would be in force from November 15.
Another BJP member said: “It is the time to chalk out the strategy and plan for the elections next month and the mayor is headed for the conference.” Sood was unavailable for comments.