With the RTI details revealing how the selection of nominated councillors was done, BJP Mayor Arun Sood Tuesday attacked the Congress saying that Congress was admitting that they adopted a wrong way in their appointments.
Sood even said that Congress interfering in the selection of nominated councillors by giving recommendations when the selection has to be done by the UT Administrator is illegal.
“In what capacity did Congress leader Pawan Bansal make recommendations? It means Congress influenced the appointment of nominated councillors who could make their Mayor. What a political party has to do in it when the selection has to be done by the UT Administrator. Because this year, these nominated councillors voted on merit and did not vote for Congress candidate so they feel they did wrong in making appointments,”said Sood.
Sood also said that if the Congress admitted that a better system should now be in place for, that meant they adopted a wrong procedure all these 15 years. The RTI, filed by congress councillor Subhash Chawla after a spat with nominated councillors, revealed how recommendation by the father in law (who was the then Congress Vice president) of nominated councillor Shagufta Parveen sent a letter to Pawan Bansal for considering Parveen for the post.
Similarly, in other biodatas of few other councillors, they mentioned achievements of their private company, that they were god fearing person or press notes with their names.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
However, Congress leader and former Union Minister Pawan Bansal said, “ I did make recommendations of four-five people for the nominated councillors and at that time, I dont think there was anything wrong. Even in Shagufta Parveen’s case, I thought she is educated so I recommended her case.”
He added, “One learns from experience and I feel a better system should be in place.”
There are nine nominated councillors in the Municipal Corporation house. They have voting rights and play a key role in the selection of the Mayor.