Panic gripped residents of Kajheri on Monday morning when some inflammable material caught fire near the Government Model School. The fire caused a blast that damaged the front mirror of a car. The Quick Reaction Team (QRT) of the police reached the spot.
According to the police, some waste material from sanitary shops was lying near the Government Model School, which caught fire around 11am. The front mirror of a Swift Dzire car that was parked nearby was also damaged when a stone hit it after the blast.
The school students and the residents panicked after the blast. A message was also flashed in the control room, following which the QRT team reached the spot and evacuated the area.
After examining the spot, the QRT team, with the help of technical team, discovered that the blast was caused because of the fire in the waste material. The Government Model School is located near the spot where the incident occurred, but the students were inside the school premises. After examining the area, the police declared it safe.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now