On the last day of golden jubilee celebrations of district courts, Alternative Dispute Redressal (ADR) Centre was inaugurated in Chandigarh on Saturday. The centre will cater to litigants seeking counseling to settle their disputes. The mediation and reconciliation centre will also be shifted in the same block.
The ADR Centre was inaugurated by Justice AK Sikri, Supreme Court Judge. Speaking to Chandigarh Newsline, member secretary SLSA Mahavir Singh said, “It will help people who are seeking legal advise and we will have our volunteers present at the centre to provide free legal-aid to the litigants.”
The chairman of Permanent Lok Adalat (public utility service),Chandigarh, VK Gupta said, “It is a very good move keeping in mind that the public utility service was earlier in Sector 17. The advocates can easily attend hearings since the centre will now be within the courts premises. The environment is also good here.”
The State Legal Services Authorities (SLSA), UT, Chandigarh, Punjab and Haryana also organised a seminar on Mediation – challenges and way ahead and art of making referrals to mediation in Chandigarh Judicial Academy, Sector 43, Chandigarh.
The main aim of organising this seminar was to sensitise the mediators and the judicial officers the art of mediation and for making it a more successful mode of Alternate Dispute Redressal mechanism, in order to lessen the burden on the courts. Justice AK Sikri, of Supreme Court was the Chief Guest and the seminar was presided over by Justice Shiavax Jal Vazifdar, Chief Justice, High Court of Punjab and Haryana, Chandigarh.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The event was also attended by Justice SS Saron, Judge, High Court of Punjab and Haryana and executive chairman, Punjab Legal Services Authority and Justice Surya Kant, Judge, High Court of Punjab and Haryana and Executive Chairman, State Legal Services Authority, UT.