UT Health Secretary Anurag Agarwal Monday announced the appointment of Dr Rakesh Kashyap, a Punjab Civil Medical Services (PCMS) officer as the new Director of Health Services (DHS), Chandigarh. The orders were issued on Monday evening after a three-member selection committee headed by UT advisor Parimal Rai interviewed five PCMS doctors and later selected Kashyap for the important UT post.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to the order issued by Agarwal, the duration of the tenure “will be one year or till the time his services are required by the Chandigarh Administration.” Agarwal told Chandigarh Newsline that Kashyap was selected on the basis of seniority and also because he had the best ACR.
UT administrator VP Singh Badnore cleared the file late Monday to appoint Kashyap as the new DHS. The three-member selection committee which interviewed a panel of doctors comprised of UT advisor Parimal Rai, Health Secretary Anurag Agarwal and Medical Superintendent of GMCH in Sector 32 Dr AK Janmeja.
Currently, Kashyap is posted at the health department of the Punjab state government as Deputy Director.
The UT administration orders have asked the Punjab government to relieve Kashyap immediately. Meanwhile, the tenure of previous health director Dr Vanita Gupta ended last week. The Punjab government had sent the names of five doctors, Rakesh Kashyap, C Mahindru, Harinder Kaur, Balwinder Singh and Nirlep Kaur for consideration as the new DHS. Kashyap, when contacted, told Chandigarh Newsline that his immediate focus after joining would be to prevent further dengue and chikungunya cases in the city.
“My immediate focus would be to prevent dengue and chikungunya cases in the city. This is the issue which needs to be addressed and it will be my priority,” he said. “We need to work on how to educate people and control the situation. We need to work together and we need support of people in this.”
He stated that his focus of work would remain on maternal and child health care. “We have to further reduce the number of Infant Mortality Rate(IMR) and other death figures in the city,”he said.
He further said Chandigarh was not facing any fund crisis and there was much scope to work.