Questioning the move of his own party for taking affidavits from its members citing loyalty before the Municipal Corporation polls, Congress leader Chandramukhi Sharma, also a former councillor, said that taking an affidavit would mean doubting the integrity of their leaders who have put in years for the party. “Seeking affidavit means you are doubting the integrity of your own party members. Affidavits are given to the a legal entity and not to a private person. This is not the way,” said Sharma.
Clarifying the issue of the four councillors, Raj Bala Malik, Sat Prakash Aggarwal, Satish Kainth and Kashmiri Devi Rana who were earlier with the Congress and later joined the BJP during his term, Sharma said that they were not in the party hierarchy system from the start. “What will they do if a person shifts to another party even after giving an affidavit. But by this way they are doubting the integrity of people who have dedicated years to Congress,” Sharma added.
This time, the Congress had set some special conditions to those seeking tickets. One of such conditions is that applicants would be required to furnish an affidavit citing their loyalty and dedication towards the party.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
According to sources, the affidavit that will have to be furnished by the applicant along with the form would state that he or she will not leave the party at any cost and would stay loyal in any of the condition which persists. The affidavit would be attached with a two-page application form that would be submitted by the applicant.The MC polls are scheduled to be held in the third week of December and preparations for the same have already been intensified by the political parties. The need to have the affidavits have been thought about after several Congress councillors switched over their party to the BJP when the latter came to power.