FOUR PERSONS lost their lives in different road accidents which happened in the city in the last 24 hours. Two persons were arrested by the police while one accused was said to be on the run. The first accident was reported late on Wednesday night on the dividing road of Sector 14/15 when a cyclist, identified as Vikas of Sector 38, was hit from behind by a bike.
Vikas suffered serious head injures in the accident and he was taken to the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) where he succumbed to injuries. After being hit, Vikas fell on the road and suffered injuries on his head. Police were yet to register any case as nobody had lodged any complaint with the police.
The second incident was reported around 5 am on Thursday on the dividing road of Sector 16/17 when a speeding car hit a cyclist. The injured was taken to Government Multi-Speciality Hospital (GMSH), Sector 16, where he was declared dead on arrival. The deceased was not identified yet but the police registered a case against an unidentified car driver.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Another road accident happened on the dividing road of Sector 42/43 when a Punjab Roadways bus hit a pedestrian while he was crossing the road. The deceased was identified as 70-year-old Bakreedi, a resident of Kajheri. Bakreedi was returning home after morning walk. When he was crossing the road around 7 am, he was hit by the bus, which resulted in his death.
The police arrested bus driver Gurjinder Singh, who took Bakreedi to Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Sector 32. However, later, he was released on bail. A 50-year-old woman was killed in the fourth accident which was reported from near the CTU depot in Industrial Area Phase I.
The accident occurred around 8 am on Thursday when a rashly driven truck hit a woman who was on her cycle. The deceased was identified as Kusum, a resident of Daria. She died on the spot as she suffered serious head injuries. The truck driver, identified as Sukhwinder Singh, was arrested by the police after the registration of a case against him at the Industrial Area police station.