The Chandigarh police have arrested four people for stealing four heritage study chairs from the General Hostel Sector 15-B two weeks ago. The heritage chairs were recovered earlier after the accused revealed that they hid the chairs in the hostel premises six days after the theft.
Those arrested have been identified as Naresh Kumar, a Sector-41 resident, Rajesh and Santosh Kumar, both hailing from Dhanas village, along with Anil Kumar, a resident of Sector 56. Another accused Krishania, brother of Anil is still at large. Police said that while Rajesh drives an auto, Santosh is a junk picker. According to the police, on October 15 a case was registered on the complaint of Dr Jatinder God, Warden of General Hostel, that someone had stolen four heritage study chairs from there on the intervening night of October 9 and 10.
During the investigation, police said the accused Rajesh had seen four heritage chairs lying in the hostel on October 5. “He disclosed about these heritage chairs to Santosh who then informed about them to Kishania and his brother Anil. The the two brothers then stole the chairs from the hostel,” police said.
“On the same day Krishania and Anil called Rajesh and Santosh and they sold these four heritage chairs to them for Rs 40,000(each costing Rs10,000,)” the police said. “Rajesh and Santosh then tried to finalise the deal through Naresh, a Panchkula-based dealer for Rs 25,000 each but the deal was finalized for Rs 22,000 each (total Rs 88,000),” police further informed. The police statement further stated that Naresh handed over these chairs to the Panchkula dealer. “The transportation of the chairs were made in a mini-vehicle,” the police said, adding that because of fear of the police the chairs were kept in the premises of the hostel on intervening night of October 16 and 17. During the investigation, it also came to light that the Panchkula dealer has links with dealers in Mumbai involved in selling such heritage furniture abroad at a high price. “Further investigation is going on to arrest the main dealers,” police said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More