As many as 2,000 students from various schools took a pledge to celebrate “Green Diwali” this year, during a drive organised at Government Model Senior Secondary School, Sector 46D, in Chandigarh on Tuesday.
The drive was organised by Chandigarh Pollution Control Committee and NGO Yuvsatta with the help of Department of Education, Chandigarh Administration, as part of the “Green Diwali” campaign.
Students and volunteers walked carrying banners and placards with messages urging people to celebrate a green and safe Diwali.
Theatre artistes of Mask Theatre also staged a street play “Green Diwali” on the occasion. This play was directed by Ravi Kumar and strengthened the message of not only minimising pollution during Diwali but also motivate people to gift plants and maintain cleanliness and eat homemade sweets.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review