As many as 744 students from the city scored the perfect 10 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) in the results of class X exams of the Central Board of Secondary Education which were declared on Tuesday. Last year, the number of students who scored 10 CGPA was more than 1,000.
However, the pass percentage increased to 99.14, against 98.76 last year. A total of 17,458 students had appeared in the exam in the city.
In Panchkula, 3,107 students passed the exam of whom 399 scored 10.
As many as 13,248 boys and 9,810 girls across the Tricity were registered for class X exams. Of them 13,106 boys and 9,754 girls have passed the exams. The pass percentage of boys is 98.93 and that of the girls is 99.43.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
The girls outperformed the boys in the city. The pass percentage of the girls in Chandigarh was 99.44 against that of the boys, which was 98.84. In Mohali also, the pass percentage of girls was more than that of the boys — 99.60 per cent girl students passed the exam against 98.87 boys. However, in Panchkula, it is the boys who outperformed the girls with the pass percentage of boys being 99.42 against that of the girls, which was 99.25.
At Delhi Public School, Sector 44, as many as 276 students appeared, 79 have scored perfect 10 CGPA and 161 students have scored above 9 CGPA. Principal Reema Dewan said, “The best part of the results this year is that none of our students has scored below 8 CGPA and 222 students have scored above 8.”
Bhavan Vidyalaya witnessed a total of 154 students appearing of which 45 students scored a perfect 10 CGPA. Overall, as many as 95 students scored above 9 CGPA.
As many as 14 students out of 111 of Vivek High School scored 10 CGPA.
Among 116 students of St Kabir Public School, Sector 26, as many as 26 students scored perfect 10 CGPA while 52 students scored above 9 CGPA. At KBDAV Public School, Sector 7, of the 216 students, 31 students scored 10 CGPA and 49 students scored above 9. At St Anne’s Convent School, of 231 students, 28 students scored 10 while 53 scored above 9. All students of the school took the CBSE board exam.