As many as 744 students from the city scored the perfect 10 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) in the results of class X exams of the Central Board of Secondary Education which were declared on Tuesday. Last year, the number of students who scored 10 CGPA was more than 1,000.
However, the pass percentage increased to 99.14, against 98.76 last year. A total of 17,458 students had appeared in the exam in the city.
In Panchkula, 3,107 students passed the exam of whom 399 scored 10.
As many as 13,248 boys and 9,810 girls across the Tricity were registered for class X exams. Of them 13,106 boys and 9,754 girls have passed the exams. The pass percentage of boys is 98.93 and that of the girls is 99.43.
The girls outperformed the boys in the city. The pass percentage of the girls in Chandigarh was 99.44 against that of the boys, which was 98.84. In Mohali also, the pass percentage of girls was more than that of the boys — 99.60 per cent girl students passed the exam against 98.87 boys. However, in Panchkula, it is the boys who outperformed the girls with the pass percentage of boys being 99.42 against that of the girls, which was 99.25.
At Delhi Public School, Sector 44, as many as 276 students appeared, 79 have scored perfect 10 CGPA and 161 students have scored above 9 CGPA. Principal Reema Dewan said, “The best part of the results this year is that none of our students has scored below 8 CGPA and 222 students have scored above 8.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Bhavan Vidyalaya witnessed a total of 154 students appearing of which 45 students scored a perfect 10 CGPA. Overall, as many as 95 students scored above 9 CGPA.
As many as 14 students out of 111 of Vivek High School scored 10 CGPA.
Among 116 students of St Kabir Public School, Sector 26, as many as 26 students scored perfect 10 CGPA while 52 students scored above 9 CGPA. At KBDAV Public School, Sector 7, of the 216 students, 31 students scored 10 CGPA and 49 students scored above 9. At St Anne’s Convent School, of 231 students, 28 students scored 10 while 53 scored above 9. All students of the school took the CBSE board exam.