More than 24 hours after the Chandigarh Police “caught” a traffic constable taking a bribe of Rs 300, the man is actually missing. For, constable Tajinder Singh was never arrested, and when a police team raided his houses at 9 pm on Wednesday, it drew a blank.
The constable was “caught’’ taking money from a dummy traffic offender by probationary DSP Satish Kumar from a naka at Khuda Lahora at 2.30 pm. But, strangely, an FIR was lodged only at 8 pm. Only after that, the police went to Tajinder’s house in Sector 26.
A police team was also dispatched to Tajinder’s native village in Panipat, but to no avail, it is learnt.
However, the constable and the entire naka staff, including inspector in-charge Jaspal Singh, were suspended and transferred to Police Lines. A departmental inquiry was initiated against Inspector Jaspal Singh.
Asked about the faux pas, DSP Satish Kumar, who had laid a trap, said, “After I caught the constable, I contacted the SSP to take further directions. Since I am under training, I am bound to do that. It took me an hour and a half to do this, and by that time, the constable had escaped.”
SSP (Traffic and Security) Maneesh Chaudhry said it was the responsibility of the DSP (Central) to arrest the accused.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
However, DSP (Central) Ashish Kapoor said, “I got the information about the incident at 8 pm and an FIR was registered immediately. We raided the residence of the constable but by that time he had already escaped.”
When asked if any action was being taken against the DSP who failed to catch the constable, the SSP said, “Not at all. He (DSP) showed great courage to check corruption. The DSP is under training and is still in the process of learning.”