THE GENERAL Officer Commanding-in-chief, Western Command, Lt Gen KJ Singh, has extended help to Captain (Dr) Paramjeet Kaur Dhanoa who was allegedly hit by the official vehicle of former UT home secretary Anil Kumar.
Speaking to Chandigarh Newsline, Captain Paramjeet Kaur’s son Inderpreet Singh Dhanoa said that Lt Gen K J Singh rang him up and enquired about the health of his mother and assured all help to the family.
- J-K: Indian Army bids farewell to soldiers slain in yesterdays cross-border firing
- Superseding two senior Lt Gens, Bipin Rawat is new Army Chief; Dhanoa to head Air Force
- Lt. Gen Bipin Rawat to be next Indian Army chief; B.S Dhanoa to be IAF chief
- Capt Paramjeet Kaur accident case: Defence Ministry officials call up to enquire after her
- Captain Paramjeet Kaur accident case: Police arrest IAS officer’s driver, recover vehicle
- Former Army doctor hit by ex-UT home secy’s car: No FIR lodged yet
“The GOC-in-C called me and asked me about the progress in the case. He also assured justice to my mother and extended help to her. We have requested him to get us justice as my mother is a 1962 war veteran,” said Inderpreet.
Describing the arrest of Anil Kumar’s car driver as eyewash, Inderpreet said that it was very strange that the police did not take any action against the erring IAS officer.
He added that they would soon approach the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) to seek help and get a case registered against the IAS officer.