Industries Association of Chandigarh, along with Chamber of Chandigarh Industries, organised a discussion where the candidates of political parties were invited to give their views on the long pending demands of the industry. The candidates came one after the other at PHD Chamber of Commerce where the event was organised.
Congress MP Pawan Kumar Bansal, while addressing the gathering said that he had authority with him for four years and he took some path-breaking decisions. “The past governor was of the opinion that the MP has no right to meddle in the affairs. Even my writing a letter was taken offence to. However, I had a duty to perform and I raised some issues,” he said.
He said that he agreed that property should be converted from leasehold to freehold and that he had taken up the issue at several levels and would continue to do so. He further said that it was after the booth allotment scam that the officers in the city stopped working. He said that the scheme that was made for allotment of booths was a favourable one. However, a letter written by him for ensuring that the case of an eligible person is looked into was taken in the wrong light.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
BJP candidate Kirron Kher said, “The current policies of the administration have killed the industry. Basically, those industrialists who were allotted land 50 years for running a certain business are not allowed to change the nature of industry without shelling out Rs 20,000 per square ft. For violating the laws, one has to pay the penalty of Rs 500 per square ft.” She said that the long-pending demand of industrialists for converting industrial sites from leasehold to freehold should be met. The conversion of leasehold industrial plots to freehold on the pattern of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh is feasible. She also expressed her desire of having a film city in Chandigarh.
BSP candidate Jannat Jahan agreed that the demands of the industrialists need to be met. She said that conversion of property from leasehold to freehold should be allowed so that the industrialists can raise capital and expand their business.
Aam Aadmi Party candidate Gul Panag assured that she would take the demands of the residents to whichever forum these need to be taken.