As many as 150 candidates, who were selected during recruitment for post-graduate teachers by the Haryana government, led a protest outside Shiksha Sadan on Monday. They were protesting against the state government for not providing appointment letters even a year after they were selected.
The protesters said that in 2012, the Haryana government had advertised recruitment of post-graduate teachers. The next year, results for the same were announced. The protesters contended that the state education board refused to provide appointment letters to the 1,250 candidates selected.
They said the reason given by the government for the delay was a case pending in the Supreme Court concerning universities from where the selected candidates had completed their masters degrees.
However, the agitators said the case concerned technical and professional degrees, while the selected candidates held MA degrees.
They added that the government had asked them for a week’s time to find a solution to the issue. The candidates, meanwhile, plan to continue the protest.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016