Denied proper medical treatment in their own states, patients from adjoining regions who suffer from burn injuries are left with no option but to rush to Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER).
The unit has an eight-bedded ICU and a 10-bedded ‘step-down’ room where patients from ICU are shifted from. About 300 burn cases are reported at the plastic surgery department in a year. The burn unit remains fully occupied throughout the year, with continuous pressure on doctors.
“There is an immense rush in this burn unit. It seems that other hospitals in adjoining states do not treat the burn patients who have more than 20% burn injuries. All are referred to PGI,” said Dr Guru Karana.“Four beds are also arranged for burn cases in ward number 4 of the emergency. But, even that is not sufficient, as many more patients with severe burn injuries lie on trolleys in the ward,” he added.
At present, one of the patients in ward number 4 is 14-year-old Kuldeep Singh, “When doctors at a private hospital said that the right hand of my child would be cut off, I refused and decided to take him to PGI. The state government should make such hospitals in Haryana also, so that a common man can get treatment easily,” said Ranveer Singh, Kuldeep’s father.
“Adjoining states must come up with their own burn units . We cannot say no to a patient and have to admit all,” said Dr Ramesh Sharma, Head, Plastic Surgery Department.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest