A 26-year-old brain-dead patient has given a new lease of life to two patients at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research. A PGI doctor said Manoj, who was from Patiala, met with an accident earlier this week on the Zirakpur-Patiala Highway.
Watch what else is making news:
“He (Manoj) suffered serious head injuries and fell unconscious. He was rushed to the local hospital for treatment, from where he was referred to the PGIMER and was admitted here in an extremely critical condition on Tuesday,” said the doctor, adding that Manoj was declared brain dead on Wednesday.
The family of the deceased gave their consent to organ donation. “Following their consent, Manoj’s kidneys were harvested and transplanted into two patients,”said the doctor. This was the 23rd cadaveric organ donation this year at PGI.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet