The city unit of Bharatiya Janata Party on Monday released a “chargesheet” highlighting the alleged scams of the Congress. The chargesheet lists a total of 16 “scams”, including the rail scam, booth allotment scam and paver block scam.
President of the city unit of the BJP Sanjay Tandon, while releasing the list, said all these scams would be investigated when the BJP comes to power. He alleged that sitting Congress MP and candidate Pawan Kumar Bansal was sans ideologies and agenda. He said that Bansal keeps his family ahead of everyone else.
While raising questions over Bansal’s candidature for the elections, Tandon said, “Despite having evidence against Bansal, CBI gave him a clean chit in the rail bribery scam and he got his name cleared from many other scams by exerting pressure on account of his influential position. Bansal may have saved himself from the court of law, but his fate will be decided in the court of people. The voters of Chandigarh will take a moral high ground and root out the corrupt.”
According to the BJP’s chargesheet, Bansal’s nephew Vijay Singla was caught by CBI while accepting Rs 90 lakh as bribe from a member of the Railways Board. “Pawan Bansal was forced to resign from the Railways Ministry in the aftermath of the scam. His nephew is alleged to have been operating from his official residence,” he said.
Tandon further alleged that no action has been initiated on the inquiry report of the booth allotment scam. He said that the scam was unearthed in February 2011 and indicted Bansal apart from other officials and Congress leaders. He said that a report was submitted by the former ADC, but action is yet to be initiated.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The BJP leader alleged that in the last 10 years during the Congress regime, the contract for installing paver blocks across the city was assigned to close circles of the Congress MP. He further alleged that irregularities were found in recruiting 536 teachers by the UT Education department. Indiscretions in the recruitment of drivers in the Chandigarh Transport Undertaking were found, with people who were given jobs having some kind of connection with Congress leaders, he added.
Tandon listed out several other scams including sports equipment scam, duplicate ration card scam, shed allotment scam, garbage treatment plant scam and rehabilitation scam among others. He said that people of rehabilitation colonies were cheated of their life’s savings in name of rehabilitation.