The city unit of Bharatiya Janata Party on Monday released a “chargesheet” highlighting the alleged scams of the Congress. The chargesheet lists a total of 16 “scams”, including the rail scam, booth allotment scam and paver block scam.
President of the city unit of the BJP Sanjay Tandon, while releasing the list, said all these scams would be investigated when the BJP comes to power. He alleged that sitting Congress MP and candidate Pawan Kumar Bansal was sans ideologies and agenda. He said that Bansal keeps his family ahead of everyone else.
While raising questions over Bansal’s candidature for the elections, Tandon said, “Despite having evidence against Bansal, CBI gave him a clean chit in the rail bribery scam and he got his name cleared from many other scams by exerting pressure on account of his influential position. Bansal may have saved himself from the court of law, but his fate will be decided in the court of people. The voters of Chandigarh will take a moral high ground and root out the corrupt.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to the BJP’s chargesheet, Bansal’s nephew Vijay Singla was caught by CBI while accepting Rs 90 lakh as bribe from a member of the Railways Board. “Pawan Bansal was forced to resign from the Railways Ministry in the aftermath of the scam. His nephew is alleged to have been operating from his official residence,” he said.
Tandon further alleged that no action has been initiated on the inquiry report of the booth allotment scam. He said that the scam was unearthed in February 2011 and indicted Bansal apart from other officials and Congress leaders. He said that a report was submitted by the former ADC, but action is yet to be initiated.
The BJP leader alleged that in the last 10 years during the Congress regime, the contract for installing paver blocks across the city was assigned to close circles of the Congress MP. He further alleged that irregularities were found in recruiting 536 teachers by the UT Education department. Indiscretions in the recruitment of drivers in the Chandigarh Transport Undertaking were found, with people who were given jobs having some kind of connection with Congress leaders, he added.
Tandon listed out several other scams including sports equipment scam, duplicate ration card scam, shed allotment scam, garbage treatment plant scam and rehabilitation scam among others. He said that people of rehabilitation colonies were cheated of their life’s savings in name of rehabilitation.