BJP candidate Kirron Kher, while addressing the gathering at Bharat Vijay Rally at the exhibition ground in Sector 34 on Saturday, launched an attack on the Congress stating that no development has taken place in the city with Chandigarh being represented by the Congress MP for 15 years and the UPA government at the Centre for 10 years. She said that she had both niyat and niti that are required to get work done.
Kher said that wherever she is going — colonies, sectors or meeting any section of the society — everyone is ruing that nothing has been done. “Some of the problems in Chandigarh include adequate funds not being provided, Metro has not started, notices are being sent to people who have made need-based changes, the youth are unemployed and skill development or vocational courses that are required have not been started,” she said.
Kher added that PEC could be upgraded to an IIT. She said when Modi government is at the Centre, she would ensure that Filmcity, Medicity and Media City are set up in Chandigarh so that the youth get jobs here
Taking a dig at Aam Aadmi Party, Kher said they were misguiding people. She said they formed a government in New Delhi that lasted only 49 days after which they gave up. She alleged that Maoist sympathisers were present in AAP. She also termed AAP as the B-team of Congress.
Kher said that the government at the Centre had failed on all fronts. “China is entering the border, while Pakistan is beheading the soldiers of our country,” she said. She appealed to the people to support her on April 10 to get rid of the non-performing Congress rule.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Deputy chief minister of Punjab Sukhbir Singh Badal, while addressing the gathering, said that Chandigarh being a UT would immediately come under the government led by Modi. He said a lot is needed to be done here, including bringing the Metro.
President of the Chandigarh unit of BJP Sanjay Tandon said, “People from different walks of life and of all ages have come to the rally. The huge crowd indicates that BJP is inching towards victory. The Congress-led government failed to address the important issues of the city like conversion policy, lal dora, land acquisition, SC certificates and housing board issues in the last 15 years. “If you want to have balanced Rent Act, regularization of need-based changes in the houses, affordable housing, slum-free Chandigarh, proper implementation of MSME Act, reduction in VAT, flyovers and underpasses, single-window system and people-friendly administration, then vote for BJP,” he said.
Former MP Satya Pal Jain also took a dig a Congress MP Pawan Kumar Bansal, saying that he had done nothing for the city. He said, “Pawan Bansal’s nephew took bribe just 500 metres from his house. Why was Rs 90 lakh not offered to someone else’s nephew. Bansal should come for an open debate on the rail bribery scam on a venue of his choice.”