BJP candidate Kirron Kher, while addressing the gathering at Bharat Vijay Rally at the exhibition ground in Sector 34 on Saturday, launched an attack on the Congress stating that no development has taken place in the city with Chandigarh being represented by the Congress MP for 15 years and the UPA government at the Centre for 10 years. She said that she had both niyat and niti that are required to get work done.
Kher said that wherever she is going — colonies, sectors or meeting any section of the society — everyone is ruing that nothing has been done. “Some of the problems in Chandigarh include adequate funds not being provided, Metro has not started, notices are being sent to people who have made need-based changes, the youth are unemployed and skill development or vocational courses that are required have not been started,” she said.
Kher added that PEC could be upgraded to an IIT. She said when Modi government is at the Centre, she would ensure that Filmcity, Medicity and Media City are set up in Chandigarh so that the youth get jobs here
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Taking a dig at Aam Aadmi Party, Kher said they were misguiding people. She said they formed a government in New Delhi that lasted only 49 days after which they gave up. She alleged that Maoist sympathisers were present in AAP. She also termed AAP as the B-team of Congress.
Kher said that the government at the Centre had failed on all fronts. “China is entering the border, while Pakistan is beheading the soldiers of our country,” she said. She appealed to the people to support her on April 10 to get rid of the non-performing Congress rule.
Deputy chief minister of Punjab Sukhbir Singh Badal, while addressing the gathering, said that Chandigarh being a UT would immediately come under the government led by Modi. He said a lot is needed to be done here, including bringing the Metro.
President of the Chandigarh unit of BJP Sanjay Tandon said, “People from different walks of life and of all ages have come to the rally. The huge crowd indicates that BJP is inching towards victory. The Congress-led government failed to address the important issues of the city like conversion policy, lal dora, land acquisition, SC certificates and housing board issues in the last 15 years. “If you want to have balanced Rent Act, regularization of need-based changes in the houses, affordable housing, slum-free Chandigarh, proper implementation of MSME Act, reduction in VAT, flyovers and underpasses, single-window system and people-friendly administration, then vote for BJP,” he said.
Former MP Satya Pal Jain also took a dig a Congress MP Pawan Kumar Bansal, saying that he had done nothing for the city. He said, “Pawan Bansal’s nephew took bribe just 500 metres from his house. Why was Rs 90 lakh not offered to someone else’s nephew. Bansal should come for an open debate on the rail bribery scam on a venue of his choice.”