Sanjay Tandon, president of the city unit of Bhartiya Janta Party, visited the family of 23-year-old Gurpreet Singh on Tuesday, and assured them that the government will do its best to bring him back to the country, along with other Indians. Singh is one of those Indians stranded in Iraq.
A resident of Manimajra, Singh had gone to Dubai in search of work, where he began working for a company there. However, a few months back, he was sent to Iraq by the company along with other employees.
Tandon says that while he made several attempts to contact Singh, who is hiding in Basra, Iraq, he could not be contacted. The cell phone through which Singh had initially contacted his family, belonged to another youth, Ravi, from Nawanshahr.
Tandon informed that Ravi had said that all of them were hiding in the old palace of Saddam Hussein, and were safe. Tandon said that he had talked to Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj regarding the issue, and had made requests for the government to speed up the process of bringing Singh back to his home country, along with other Indians.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More