A local court Wednesday dismissed the bail petition of BJP councillor Satish Kainth who had surrendered in the alleged land grab case against him.
Kaith had surrendered before the court in an alleged land grabbing and trespassing case against him on June 7. The case was filed against him by complainant Bimla Devi, a resident of Faridabad. The complainant, a widow, had alleged that Kaith had tried to grab her five-marla land in Hallomajra.
- SC sets aside Himachal HC order on strictures against judicial officer
- Kamala Mill fire: Evading arrest since December 29, Tuli surrenders
- Dinakaran-EC bribery case: Delhi HC dismisses middleman’s bail plea
- BJP city unit divided over councillor Kainth’s expulsion
- BJP stays silent on absconding councillor Satish Kainth
- Give 72-hour notice to Seolekar before arresting him: judge to police
Kainth had allegedly developed fake documents to grab the 5-marla plot in Hallomajra. Satish Kainth had earlier sought bail from the sessions court but that was rejected. He then sought anticipatory bail from the Punjab and Haryana High Court which was again dismissed. Accused in the case, Kainth’s father Sohan Lal and wife Jaswant Kaur, had also sought anticipatory bail but even that was rejected by the court.