Former Haryana chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Friday said that the violence witnessed during the Jat agitation last month was scripted and executed by the BJP.
Hooda was hitting back at the BJP government after it accused him and the Congress for the violence.
Hooda questioned why the government was not allowing for an inquiry into the incidents by a sitting judge of the Supreme Court. The government and some sections of the Opposition accused the Congress during the Budget session of the Haryana Vidhan Sabha.
- More trouble for Bhupinder Singh Hooda: Rohtak, Sonipat land takeover cases go to CBI
- Oust ‘anti-people’ BJP govt from Haryana: Bhupinder Singh Hooda
- Bhupinder Singh Hooda to organise Rath Yatra in Palwal on February 25
- Unfazed by chargesheet, Bhupinder Singh Hooda to go ahead with Rath Yatra
- Law and order situation in Haryana ‘worrisome’, Khattar government should resign, says Bhupinder Singh Hooda
- Some tried to destabilise state govt during Jat stir: Manohar Lal Khattar
Hooda in a statement said, “What kind of good governance is this where a person cautioning against the provocations of violence is booked for sedition and a person spreading venom among the society and inciting violence is knowingly spared.” He pointed out that the RSS chief of Haryana Major Kartar Singh admitted that the Chief Minister and government had failed to tackle the agitation.
Hooda said that it was the first time that Congress MLAs were barred from entering the House for six months and deprived of being a member of any committee of Vidhan Sabha for a year. “It is obvious that BJP conspired to suspend the Congress members so that they may not participate in any discussion on ‘Jat Aarakshan’ and failure of the government in the House. INLD had joined hands with BJP in this game plan,” he alleged.
The former CM further alleged that in Haryana, the BJP did not see the possibility of dividing the society on the basis of religion. “Therefore, it conspired to disturb the caste harmony,” he said. The Congress will be hold ‘Sadbhawna Sammelan’ on April 3 at Balsamand (Adampur) and on April 10 at Faridabad.