Members of National Students’ Union of India (NSUI) and interns from the BDS department sat on a hunger strike in front of the Panjab University V-C’s office on Monday after a strike organised in the morning.
The interns demanded that the rule of NOC be abolished and students clearing re-evaluation be compensated in terms of stipend as well as attendance. Also it was demanded that mentors should only include MDS faculty, dental chairs be repaired and material be provided so that patients do not suffer as fee for the equipment and chairs has already been given.
Other demands were regarding biometric attendance system, supplementary exam fee being taken per subject, duty leave being granted for all conferences, bus service being provided for going to GMCH, more transparency in checking during exams, labs being open during lunch to allow interns to work and a convocation ceremony.
As many as 50 interns and senior NSUI leaders such as president Rimpy Brar, party president Hardeep Singh, campus president Sanjev Sharma, NSUI state president Daaman Bajwa and Manoj Lubana took part in the agitation.
DSW Navdeep Goyal later assured the students that a committee will be formed to look into all demands by Tuesday.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More