The assets of Congress candidate Pawan Kumar Bansal have doubled since the last Lok Sabha election in 2009. According to the affidavit submitted by Bansal while filing his nomination papers on Tuesday, the net worth of his movable and immovable assets along with those of his wife is Rs 7.75 crore. At the time of the 2009 elections, his net worth was Rs 3.87 crore.
The gross value of movable assets of Bansal is Rs 1.09 crore while that of his wife Madhu Bansal’s assets is Rs 1.60 crore. Bansal’s cash in hand has decreased from Rs 4 lakh to Rs 1 lakh this time. The cash with his wife continues to remain Rs 1 lakh.
However, the deposits in banks and financial institutions have increased. From Rs 3.03-lakh investment in 2009, the amount has increased to around Rs 41 lakh. While his wife had no deposits in banks in 2009, this time she has Rs 21.86 lakh in deposits.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Bansal’s investment in bonds and debentures continues to be nil. However, in the case of his wife, the investment has increased from Rs 27.10 lakh to Rs 40.65 lakh. Both Bansal and his wife have extended loans to Theon Pharmaceuticals. While Bansal has given a loan of Rs 30 lakh, his wife has extended a loan of Rs 50 lakh. Bansal has also given Rs 26-lakh loan to Heritage Education Society.
The cars owned by Bansal have increased from one to two. Apart from Maruti Esteem purchased in 1998, he also owns a Honda City now.
The worth of jewellery owned by Bansal has doubled in the past five years. While he continues to own 50 grams of gold, the value has increased from Rs 50,000 to Rs 1.50 lakh. The amount of gold jewellery owned by his wife has increased from 850 grams, valued at Rs 12.75 lakh, to 1,120 grams, worth Rs 36.88 lakh. Apart from this, she also possesses 12 kg silverware worth Rs 6.48 lakh and other jewellery worth Rs 3.60 lakh.
According to the affidavit, Bansal has not purchased any new property. The value of the house where he is part owner was purchased for Rs 90,000 in 1976; it has now increased to Rs 10 crore. His share is Rs 5 crore.
Jannat movable assets worth Rs 22 lakh
CHANDIGARH: The movable assets of BSP candidate Jannat Jahan are worth Rs 22 lakh. She does not own any property or a vehicle. It is her husband Haffiz Anwar-ul-Haq who is the owner of property as well as a car. As per the affidavit submitted by Jannat, the cash in hand is Rs 2 lakh. The bank deposits amount to Rs 5,400. However, she says that after she submitted the affidavit, an amount of Rs 8 lakh was deposited in her account by her relatives. Now she will be submitting an affidavit with the revised amount to the Returning Officer. She owns jewellery worth Rs 15 lakh.
Haffiz has Rs 1.5 lakh in hand. He possesses jewellery worth Rs 4.5 lakh. The net worth of his movable assets is Rs 26 lakh. He owns an Audi. He also owns a house at Hardoi that is valued at Rs 28 lakh. Apart from that, Haffiz is part owner in residential property at several places.