Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, who first said that no big fish would be spared in the synthetic drug case, withdrew his statement within a few minutes.
While talking to the media persons on Saturday he first said that an inquiry would be conducted by an IG into the role of Phillaur SAD MLA and Chief Parliamentary Secretary Avinash Chander, after his close associates were arrested in the drug case, however, a few minutes later the CM withdrew this statement.
Badal visited the de-addiction centre in ESI Hospital and met addicts and doctors in Jalandhar. While replying a query that big fishes are not being arrested in the drug cases, Badal first said that no one would be spared irrespective of his position.
He said that recently formed Narcotics Control Burau headed by IG Ishwar Singh was monitoring all the cases. On asked that Chander’s close associates had already been arrested by the Punjab Police and even the Enforcement Directorate (ED) quizzed them, Badal said: “IG Ishwar Singh will probe his (CPS) role.”
Later, when Badal was about to leave the venue after a press conference with mediapersons, he again called the journalists and said that Patiala SSP Hardial Singh Mann was already conducting the whole probe in the case and if when he submits the report then he (CM) will decide what to do.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Notably in the diary of Chuni Lala Gaba, who was arrested by Patiala police in drug case, Chander’s name was mentioned and around one and half dozen transactions worth around Rs 1.5 croreswere mentioned on his name. This diary was first recovered by the Income Tax Department from Gaba’s place and then the ED also got a copy of the diary from the IT department, through court order. Now ED is demanding the original diary to get forensic test done.
Earlier police had picked up one close associate of CPS and then released him and later one another close associate, Manjit Singh Billa, of the CPS was arrested by Jalandhar police in a NDPS case.