Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, who first said that no big fish would be spared in the synthetic drug case, withdrew his statement within a few minutes.
While talking to the media persons on Saturday he first said that an inquiry would be conducted by an IG into the role of Phillaur SAD MLA and Chief Parliamentary Secretary Avinash Chander, after his close associates were arrested in the drug case, however, a few minutes later the CM withdrew this statement.
Badal visited the de-addiction centre in ESI Hospital and met addicts and doctors in Jalandhar. While replying a query that big fishes are not being arrested in the drug cases, Badal first said that no one would be spared irrespective of his position.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
He said that recently formed Narcotics Control Burau headed by IG Ishwar Singh was monitoring all the cases. On asked that Chander’s close associates had already been arrested by the Punjab Police and even the Enforcement Directorate (ED) quizzed them, Badal said: “IG Ishwar Singh will probe his (CPS) role.”
Later, when Badal was about to leave the venue after a press conference with mediapersons, he again called the journalists and said that Patiala SSP Hardial Singh Mann was already conducting the whole probe in the case and if when he submits the report then he (CM) will decide what to do.
Notably in the diary of Chuni Lala Gaba, who was arrested by Patiala police in drug case, Chander’s name was mentioned and around one and half dozen transactions worth around Rs 1.5 croreswere mentioned on his name. This diary was first recovered by the Income Tax Department from Gaba’s place and then the ED also got a copy of the diary from the IT department, through court order. Now ED is demanding the original diary to get forensic test done.
Earlier police had picked up one close associate of CPS and then released him and later one another close associate, Manjit Singh Billa, of the CPS was arrested by Jalandhar police in a NDPS case.