Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, on Monday, asked finance minister Parminder Singh Dhindsa to incorporate pro-poor proposals in the 2014-15 budget, with focus on sectors of health, education and social security.
After laying the foundation stone for the Vit-te-Yojana Bhawan in Sector 33-A, the chief minister said that the budget should aim at ameliorating the poor and disadvantaged sections, while providing them with basic amenities such as potable drinking water and sewerage besides health care at affordable rates.
He said the budget should be oriented towards rural growth to bridge the widening gulf between rural and urban populace as far as basic facilities are concerned. The CM said balanced growth could be achieved by adopting an approach of ‘inclusive development.
Principal Secretary (Finance) Vinnie Mahajan, meanwhile, told the chief minister that the upcoming building in Sector 33-A would house offices of the Finance and Planning departments, which are at present scattered across Chandigarh and Mohali, under one roof to facilitate better coordination and to benefit people coming from far-off places.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More