Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, on Monday, asked finance minister Parminder Singh Dhindsa to incorporate pro-poor proposals in the 2014-15 budget, with focus on sectors of health, education and social security.
After laying the foundation stone for the Vit-te-Yojana Bhawan in Sector 33-A, the chief minister said that the budget should aim at ameliorating the poor and disadvantaged sections, while providing them with basic amenities such as potable drinking water and sewerage besides health care at affordable rates.
He said the budget should be oriented towards rural growth to bridge the widening gulf between rural and urban populace as far as basic facilities are concerned. The CM said balanced growth could be achieved by adopting an approach of ‘inclusive development.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Principal Secretary (Finance) Vinnie Mahajan, meanwhile, told the chief minister that the upcoming building in Sector 33-A would house offices of the Finance and Planning departments, which are at present scattered across Chandigarh and Mohali, under one roof to facilitate better coordination and to benefit people coming from far-off places.