Baby food has been made available at all railways stations in the Ambala division from Wednesday.
Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launched the service on Wednesday under the Janani Sewa scheme. It aimed at providing better food service to the infants. The service will be available in Chandigarh as well.
Officials said baby food will be available in most of the railway stations in the Ambala Division. “Better food service, including hot milk, hot water and Cerelac, will be available at all refreshment rooms and stalls at the railways station,”Dinesh Kumar, divisional railway manager, Ambala division, said. He added that services will not be available in the trains, however.
- Railways could review flexi-fare system
- As law and order situation improves, train services from Chandigarh back on track
- Suresh Prabhu as Railway Minister: Indian Railways under his tenure
- Suresh Prabhu offers to resign as Railways minister, PM Narendra Modi 'asks him to wait'
- Railways upgrades amenities for passengers in Bihar
- Railways plans 3-week inspection of catering units
“Earlier the Union railways minister would receive complaints that baby food is not available at the railway stations. The initiative has been launched to address such problems,” said a railway official.
He further said through this scheme the mothers will be able to feed their infants with good quality baby food. “The services has been implemented across the country. People can buy it from today and the charges of the items are nominal,” the official added.