The Azad Hind Fauj constable Narinder Singh, who passed away Friday due to cardiac arrest, was cremated with state honours at the Model Town Extension cremation ground Saturday.
His body was brought in an ambulance from Guru Amardas Ashram, wrapped in tricolour. A contingent of Punjab Police also gave him a ‘Gun salute’ as a mark of respect. Since he had no family, his last rites were jointly performed by DC Ravi Bhagat and DCP Dhruman Nimble.
Watch What Else is Making News
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
His his condolence message, Bhagat said that everyone is proud of the freedom fighters and army personnel, who laid down their lives for the nation.
Narinder resided in the Government Model Senior Secondary School Dholewal and was aptly taken care of by the teachers and students. When he dislocated his hip joint in March, the then Ludhiana DC Rajat Agarwal got him treated at DMCH, where he remained admitted for one month. Later he was shifted to Guru Amardas Ashram, Sarabha.