The Auto Rickshaw Joint Action Committee (JAC) held a protest against Chandigarh Administration on Monday to press for their demands, at Exhibition Ground in Sector 34.
As many as 200 auto rickshaw drivers joined the protest. Chairman of the JAC, Kamla Kant sent a memorandum of demands to the Advisor, Home Secretary, DIG, Crime, Deputy Commissioner and Traffic SSP. Their demands included cancellation of challans, issuing of tricity permits such that the auto drivers from Panchkula and Mohali are allowed in the city as well, increase in the permitted number of commuters in LPG auto from three to four.
One of the drivers, Israel Khan said, “I drive my auto in Mohali but there are days when patients have to reach PGI in an emergency and we have to bring them, but the police at the light points charge us Rs 200-300 to let us off. Sometimes our vehicle is impounded and we have to go to courts to them released by paying Rs 5,000, which we cannot afford.”
Kant emphasised that all the 26,000 registered autos across Panchkula, Mohali and Chandigarh should get a tricity permit.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016