Unknown robbers allegedly targeted an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) in Kurali during the intervening night of Friday and Saturday but failed to loot any cash even after damaging the machine. The Mohali Police has registered a case and investigation is on.
Police said, the accused allegedly tried to open the Axis Bank ATM located on the Morinda road sometime during the night.
“We do not know how the machine was broken open or what the accused person or persons looked like as the footage from the CCTV camera installed in the kiosk is yet to reach us. The bank told us that apart from some damage, nothing was stolen. We are suspecting that the alleged thieves were amateurs, possibly drug addicts who were desperate for some money,” said SHO Harpal Singh of Kurali police station.
Police said that the ATM is manned by a security guard named Rohit, who went home last night around 10 pm due to illness. When he returned in the morning, he noticed the damage inside the kiosk and informed the bank officials.
He added that the bank has been asked to hand over the CCTV footage of the time of the alleged incident, which may take a few days as it has to be brought from Chennai. A case has been registered against unknown persons under sections 427 (mischief causing damage to the amount of fifty rupees), 380 (theft), 457 (house-breaking by night in order to commit an offence) read with section 511 (punishment for attempt to commit offences punishable with imprisonment) of the IPC.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A few months ago, miscreants had targeted another ATM of the State Bank of Patiala on the same road but in vain. They had allegedly tried to carry away the machine after tying it to an SUV.