A local court convicted Kashif Ali, a Pakistani national arrested for spying, under the Official Secrets Act and for other charges on Thursday.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Anubhav Sharma also convicted Kashif’s co-accused Anand Kumar for cheating and conspiracy, but three other men were acquitted for lack of evidence.
The quantum of sentence will be pronounced on Friday.
Besides the Official Secrets Act, Kashif was also convicted for wrongful communication, unauthorised use of uniforms, falsification of reports, forgery, impersonation, cheating and charges under the Foreigners Act.
Kashif, a resident of Faisalabad, had been staying as Pawan Kumar in Sector 44 for two-and-a-half years before he was arrested on July 10, 2010. The crime branch of the UT Police had arrested him on intelligence inputs. The police had recovered documents marked “restricted” from him.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Anand was arrested by the police from Haiderpur in Delhi for supplying Kashif with identity proof, including a fake driving licence, of his younger brother Pawan Kumar.
Kashif claimed that he was a property dealer and belonged to Pitampura in Delhi. However, he broke down during interrogation.
The three co-accused who were acquitted were Gurpinder Singh, Jagdish Kumar and Kulwinder Singh. They were booked for conspiracy and other charges.