Armed robbery struck again in Tricity late Friday night when two masked men made away with around Rs 9 lakh from a cash collection car outside a liquor vend in Sector 25, Panchkula. Police said that the masked robbers arrived in a car, looted the cash bag at gunpoint and fled, all within minutes.
The assailants also allegedly fired a bullet at the car, although nobody was injured. Police suspect that the same gang which struck outside a liquor vend in Mohali on July 18, may have committed this theft. As per police, Parwinder Sharma alias ‘Pammi’ (40) and his brother Sohan Kumar alias ‘Monty’, residents of Raipur Rani and liquor contractors by profession, were collecting cash from their various vends when the robbers struck at around 10.45 pm.
The duo were outside their roadside liquor vend in Sector 25. “Like always, I handed over the cash to them which was Rs 8,000 on Friday. As soon as I turned, I heard a gunshot and rushed inside the vend in fear,” said Jeetu, the salesman.
In their complaint to police, the victims alleged that two masked robbers came in a White Swift car which they parked behind their car and asked Parwinder, the driver, to open the door. “When he did not immediately open the door, they fired, after which he lowered the window and handed them the Rs 8,000 I had just given them. Surprisingly, they knew about the collected cash bags. One of them was armed with a gun while the other had a sharp-edged weapon. They looted two bags, one with Rs 9 lakh and the other with cheque-books, an iPad, and some other items,” Jeetu said.
Parwinder said that the robbers were of medium height and spoke in Hindi with a Punjabi accent. After collecting the bags, they took the keys to Parwinder’s Innova keys and fled, following which police were informed.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Cops visit Mohali site
On Saturday, the Mohali CIA Staff officials visited the spot and questioned victims as a similar incident had occurred in Sector 70, Mohali, recently. “We’re suspecting it to be the same gang due to similar modus operandi. In the previous incident, too, around two-three armed robbers had robbed the cash collection van after it had collected enough cash from all the vends. It seems the gang studies its target well before striking.”