Armed robbery struck again in Tricity late Friday night when two masked men made away with around Rs 9 lakh from a cash collection car outside a liquor vend in Sector 25, Panchkula. Police said that the masked robbers arrived in a car, looted the cash bag at gunpoint and fled, all within minutes.
The assailants also allegedly fired a bullet at the car, although nobody was injured. Police suspect that the same gang which struck outside a liquor vend in Mohali on July 18, may have committed this theft. As per police, Parwinder Sharma alias ‘Pammi’ (40) and his brother Sohan Kumar alias ‘Monty’, residents of Raipur Rani and liquor contractors by profession, were collecting cash from their various vends when the robbers struck at around 10.45 pm.
The duo were outside their roadside liquor vend in Sector 25. “Like always, I handed over the cash to them which was Rs 8,000 on Friday. As soon as I turned, I heard a gunshot and rushed inside the vend in fear,” said Jeetu, the salesman.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In their complaint to police, the victims alleged that two masked robbers came in a White Swift car which they parked behind their car and asked Parwinder, the driver, to open the door. “When he did not immediately open the door, they fired, after which he lowered the window and handed them the Rs 8,000 I had just given them. Surprisingly, they knew about the collected cash bags. One of them was armed with a gun while the other had a sharp-edged weapon. They looted two bags, one with Rs 9 lakh and the other with cheque-books, an iPad, and some other items,” Jeetu said.
Parwinder said that the robbers were of medium height and spoke in Hindi with a Punjabi accent. After collecting the bags, they took the keys to Parwinder’s Innova keys and fled, following which police were informed.
Cops visit Mohali site
On Saturday, the Mohali CIA Staff officials visited the spot and questioned victims as a similar incident had occurred in Sector 70, Mohali, recently. “We’re suspecting it to be the same gang due to similar modus operandi. In the previous incident, too, around two-three armed robbers had robbed the cash collection van after it had collected enough cash from all the vends. It seems the gang studies its target well before striking.”