Senior Advocate Anmol Rattan Sidhu, sitting president of the Bar Association of Punjab and Haryana High Court, retained
his position after declaration of election results on Friday. He defeated Advocate Ranjan Lakhanpal by 821 votes.
Sidhu, who secured 1,846 votes, is all set to serve the associationas president for the second consecutive tenure. Saurav Khurana, who was elected new secretary of the association, secured 1,855 votes against the other two contenders who got 764 and 200 votes, respectively.
Nirbhay Garg secured the vice-president post with 1,571 votes. Deepankar Sharma became treasurer of the association defeating B J S Bedi and R S Hooda, who got 684 and 625 votes respectively. Sanamjeet Kaur won the new joint secretary
Polling took place in Punjab and Haryana High Court premises for 22 posts on Thursday. Apart from president, vice-president, secretary, joint secretary and a treasurer, there are 17 executive members in the association.
Seven out them are the lawyers who have more than 10 years of work experience and 10 are with less than 10 years of practice. This is for the first time that counting was not done on the next day. Earlier, counting and results were
announced on the same day of elections.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
There are around 5,000 members in the association and out of them, 3,653 members were eligible for voting. However, only 2,907 advocates cast their votes on Thursday.
Chairman Election Committee R L Bitta said, “The election precess, including counting, was peaceful.”