Admission for Msc first-year microbial biotechnology, Panjab University, to be held on July 12.
The course, introduced in July 2008 under the aegis of Institute of Emerging Areas in Science and Technology, was aimed at generating active Industry-Academia Interaction.
The curriculum has been designed to prepare industry ready manpower. The same has been made with the active participation of experts from the Industry and other academic institutes. The course has 20 + 2 (only girl)+2(NRI)+1(AIDS/cancer/thalassemia) and other categories.
- Proposal seeks fee hike in colleges affiliated to SPPU
- UPSEE 2018: Registration begins; check eligibility, exam dates, fees and other details
- BHU PET 2018: Datesheet released at bhuonline.in, check schedule here
- JAM 2018 admit card released by IIT Bombay
- PU declares admission schedule for 5 courses
- 25% fee waiver in self-financing courses for PU staffers wards
The course received positive response from the students and all the seats are filled in the first counselling every year.
The centre has been granted the status of a department of the university from 2014.
This department has four regular faculty members and in addition to this there a number of guest teachers coming from other departments, institutes and industry. The faculty has collaborations with other academic institutes and industry. The faculty members have government and industry funded projects. The faculty also has a number of patents to its credit.