Sukhjit Singh, an accused named in the infamous Aroma murder case on Monday moved an application in a lower court seeking directions to the Inspector General of Police, Chandigarh to register a case under Section 201 (Causing disappearance of evidence of offence, or giving false information to screen offender) and 204 (Destruction of document to prevent its production as evidence) of Indian Penal Code against suspended Superintendent of Police, Chandigarh, Deshraj Singh and Sub Inspector Rajiv Kumar.
The accused has alleged that the CCTV footage which had recordings of the incident that took place on January 12, 2012 in which 28-year-old NRI Harminder Singh was beaten to death following a brawl outside Hotel Aroma by eight people was intentionally destroyed by Deshraj Singh and the sub-inspector.
In the application the accused submitted that he has been falsely implicated in the case. According to the complaint, “As per the prosecution case, a CCTV footage was taken into the possession by the police from Aroma Hotel where the incident took place during investigation and the fact was also mentioned in various newspapers.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
According to the complaint after the completion of investigation, prosecution agency had filed a charge sheet. However, the footage was not submitted along with it. He added that he had earlier filed an application for issuing directions to the prosecuting agency to produce the CCTV footage . However, the prosecution agency filed a reply that no CCTV footage was taken into possession.
The accused alleged that the ‘respondents intentionally destroyed the recordings of the CCTV to help the real culprits.’ The court has not issued notices on the application so far. The application has been deferred for arguments. It will come up for resumed hearing on January 29.
Statement of an eye witness who on January 9 deposed before the court has already raised serious questions on the investigations conducted by the police. Roohbir Singh who is an important witness was not made the prosecution witness in the case and on January 9 he told the court that the police never showed him any of the accused arrested by them during investigation.
Police had named eight people in the chargesheet and charged all of them under Section 304 of the Indian Penal Code. The accused were Sukhjit Singh a Mohali resident, Harsimranjeet Singh (28), a resident of Sector 44, Chandan Singh (24), Sandeep Kumar (27), Gautam Singh (23), all residents of Burail, Anand Singh (27) and Mahavir Singh (25), both residents of Sector 41, and Prashant Kumar Dabral (31), a resident of Sector 49.