Alleging that the Akhil Bhartiya Vidya Parishad (ABVP) leaders and members did not provide him adequate guidance for the upcoming student elections, Sukhjot Singh, campus president of ABVP, joined National Students Union of India (NSUI) on Tuesday in the presence of national leader Roji M John.
Addressing the gathering, John said that NSUI would win all the four seats this year as the leaders had done a lot of work at Panjab University and members from other parties were joining hands with them.
He said, “We are happy that people are realising the fact that they were given false promises by the other parties. Many of them are disappointed as BJP is working on false policies, which is why, the youth is still with the Congress. In other states as well, workers of other parties are joining us.”
Talking about Panjab University, John added, “From demanding for a library in girls’ hostel and shuttle bus service, to protesting against the law entrance exam paper which was leaked among others, the members are taking up all the important issues which is their achievement.” On the occasion, Daman Bajwa, NSUI State president; Rimpy Brar, president, NSUI; Hardeep Singh, Party president; and
Sanjeev Sharma, Campus president, were also present. The national president also informed that the party was planning to hold student elections in Haryana soon.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
Meanwhile, Sukhjot, who joined NSUI on Tuesday, said, “Though ABVP had made me the campus president, I was not given any responsibilities and there was no one to guide me. The NSUI members, however, have helped me a lot in understanding student politics.
Thus, it was an easy decision for me to join NSUI.” Former president of NSUI, Chandan Rana, was also present. Meanwhile, an official from ABVP said, “ ABVP president Sukhjot Singh is a part of ABVP and he will always be a part of ABVP. He was emotionally blackmailed and pressured by some leaders of Congress. This step of NSUI showed negative aggregation of Congress.”