Alleging that the Akhil Bhartiya Vidya Parishad (ABVP) leaders and members did not provide him adequate guidance for the upcoming student elections, Sukhjot Singh, campus president of ABVP, joined National Students Union of India (NSUI) on Tuesday in the presence of national leader Roji M John.
Addressing the gathering, John said that NSUI would win all the four seats this year as the leaders had done a lot of work at Panjab University and members from other parties were joining hands with them.
He said, “We are happy that people are realising the fact that they were given false promises by the other parties. Many of them are disappointed as BJP is working on false policies, which is why, the youth is still with the Congress. In other states as well, workers of other parties are joining us.”
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Talking about Panjab University, John added, “From demanding for a library in girls’ hostel and shuttle bus service, to protesting against the law entrance exam paper which was leaked among others, the members are taking up all the important issues which is their achievement.” On the occasion, Daman Bajwa, NSUI State president; Rimpy Brar, president, NSUI; Hardeep Singh, Party president; and
Sanjeev Sharma, Campus president, were also present. The national president also informed that the party was planning to hold student elections in Haryana soon.
Meanwhile, Sukhjot, who joined NSUI on Tuesday, said, “Though ABVP had made me the campus president, I was not given any responsibilities and there was no one to guide me. The NSUI members, however, have helped me a lot in understanding student politics.
Thus, it was an easy decision for me to join NSUI.” Former president of NSUI, Chandan Rana, was also present. Meanwhile, an official from ABVP said, “ ABVP president Sukhjot Singh is a part of ABVP and he will always be a part of ABVP. He was emotionally blackmailed and pressured by some leaders of Congress. This step of NSUI showed negative aggregation of Congress.”