After Savita Bhatti’s withdrawal, the Aam Aadmi Party has sounded actor Gul Panag to fight the Lok Sabha election from Chandigarh as its candidate.
Confirming the development, her father Lt Gen (retd) H S Panag said on Tuesday, “Talks are on with the party leadership. The members of Chandigarh unit are being consulted. Gul is a young person who is involved in several social causes. The final decision will be taken in a day or so. The fight here will be with stalwarts who are seasoned politicians. If Gul contests from the city, it will be with conviction and honesty.”
Gul, who was born in Chandigarh, won the Miss India title in 1999 and also participated in the Miss Universe contest. Three years back, she got married at a gurdwara in Chandigarh.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Savita Bhatti, wife of actor-satirist late Jaspal Bhatti, had opted out of the contest a week after she was named as the AAP candidate. A lack of proper organisational structure and infighting were said to be among the reasons that influenced her decision.