After Savita Bhatti’s withdrawal, the Aam Aadmi Party has sounded actor Gul Panag to fight the Lok Sabha election from Chandigarh as its candidate.
Confirming the development, her father Lt Gen (retd) H S Panag said on Tuesday, “Talks are on with the party leadership. The members of Chandigarh unit are being consulted. Gul is a young person who is involved in several social causes. The final decision will be taken in a day or so. The fight here will be with stalwarts who are seasoned politicians. If Gul contests from the city, it will be with conviction and honesty.”
Gul, who was born in Chandigarh, won the Miss India title in 1999 and also participated in the Miss Universe contest. Three years back, she got married at a gurdwara in Chandigarh.
Savita Bhatti, wife of actor-satirist late Jaspal Bhatti, had opted out of the contest a week after she was named as the AAP candidate. A lack of proper organisational structure and infighting were said to be among the reasons that influenced her decision.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest