A week after class X results were declared, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) helpline numbers are still ringing with many queries from students and parents about confusion in choosing the right stream.
While, CBSE is yet to announce the class XII results, there are calls from anxious students worried if they will be able to fulfill the expectations of their parents who want them to get admission in colleges like St Stephen’s, SRCCC, IIT Delhi etc.
CBSE counsellor and principal of DAV-15, Rakesh Sachdeva said, “Some class X pass outs are confused since they cannot decide their area of interest and I suggest that in such situations, they should take aptitude test to check what stream will be perfect for them. Meanwhile, class XII students who are eagerly waiting for their results are nervous. The first question, they ask after I answer the call is ‘Ma’am, is the result out’?” She added, “Another important thing, class X pass outs need to know is that they can change their stream after a month’s time if they do not feel satisfied.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The nature of calls coming indicate that the late announcement of the results are making the parents concerned as well, since the colleges in Delhi have already asked the students to apply for the courses as per the choices.
When the class X results were declared on May 20, CBSE Regional Officer, RJ Khanderao had informed the class XII results were likely to be announced on May 26 but till now no official date or time for the same has been decided yet.
Sana Hasan, a student of Ryan International School, Sector 49 who had appeared in class XII said, “The delay in CBSE results may jeopardise my chances to secure a good seat for Science in top colleges, or the colleges should release their application forms only after the results are declared.”
While the class X pass outs are asking whether they will get admission in the desired schools, others are inquiring if their answer sheets can be re-evaluated.
Also, there are some who are asking about the assessment criteria after they clear their compartment in particular subject.