As many as 970 graduates received degrees during the 38th convocation ceremony of GGDSD College, Sector 32 on Monday. Prof Ashok K Ganguli, director, Institute of Nano Sciences and Technology, Mohali delivered the convocation address.
On the occasion, college president Upkar Krishan Sharma welcomed the chief guest and read out the achievements of the college. He said the college has been recognised as a research centre leading to a PhD Degree by Panjab University in the subjects of Biotechnology and Chemistry.
- No consensus, IIMs go their separate ways on the degree-diploma debate
- JNU recruitment 2018: Apply for various professor posts at jnu.ac.in before May 8
- Remember the language that comes from your mother’s womb: Venkaiah Naidu
- Seventh GTU convocation: 15-year-old youngest among those who get degrees
- Retired PCS officer, bank manager flaunt LLB degrees
- 17 PU-affiliated colleges,including seven from city,apply for research centres
Addressing the students, Professor Ganguli stressed on the importance of passion, right attitude and commitment to make a name in the world. He urged the youth to combine passion with talent to achieve excellence and success. “Talent alone does not guarantee success. Decide on what you wish to do in life and be extremely passionate about excelling in your chosen field,” he said. Professor Ganguli added that right attitude marks the difference between average and brilliance.
Principal Dr Bhushan Kumar Sharma read the annual report of the college and shared the achievements of the college during the year 2014-15. He added that the college has signed MoUs with acclaimed foreign universities including University of Fraser Valley, Canada.