9 of 12 held for London attack released on bail

Barring three men,the Scotland Yard on Saturday released on bail the remaining nine persons,including two women,arrested in connection with the attack on Lt Gen (retd) K S Brar,who had led 'Operation Bluestar'.

Written by Press Trust Of India | London | Published:October 7, 2012 6:20 am

Barring three men,the Scotland Yard on Saturday released on bail the remaining nine persons,including two women,arrested in connection with the attack on Lt Gen (retd) K S Brar,who had led ‘Operation Bluestar’.

The New Scotland Yard in a statement said “three men — aged 33,34 and 25 — remain in custody. The remaining nine are now bailed to return in November pending further inquiries”.

Three others who were arrested on suspicion of immigration law violations,unconnected with the probe into the attempted murder,were referred to the UK Border Agency,the statement said.

Lt Gen Brar had been stabbed in an attack by four unidentified men,suspected to be Khalistan sympathisers,in Old Quebec Street,near Oxford Street,on Sunday. He had been on a private visit to London.

The four men who attacked Brar were described as being of Asian appearance,all with long beards,and were wearing dark clothing and long black jackets. Counter-terrorism officers had yesterday arrested eight people in connection with the attempted murder.

For all the latest Chandigarh News, download Indian Express App

    Live Cricket Scores & Results